Saturday, February 28, 2009

Technology Integration Model

I've been wrestling with developing a comprehensive yet simple to present/explain model for technology integration. I was initially attracted to the Mishra-Kohler Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPCK) model. It says a lot but because it was developed in a pre-service environment for the use of pre-service practitioners, it may not address all the elements necessary to actualize the model in a K12 environment. For example, it assumes that the infrastructure, hardware, and software are already in place. And I wonder if such other factors such as space, place, time, communities, and administrative/board commitment should be integrated into an application model as "essentials" to tech integration. I'm working on what else and I suspect that many of these can be subordinated to the three types of knowledge (TPC) and infrastructure-hardware-software.

No comments: